Key Cloner is a Script UI panel allowing easy cloning and/or reversing of selected keyframes across multiple properties or layers.
Installing Key Cloner
KeyCloner-1.4.jsxbin must be placed in the Scripts directory in the After Effects folder. That folder will be named "Adobe After Effects Effects [version]" which has been replaced with "AE" below.
\Program Files\AE\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels
If After Effects was running when you installed the script, you’ll need to restart it.
Launching Key Cloner
When properly installed, you will find KeyCloner-1.4.jsxbin under the Window menu in After Effects.
Using Key Cloner
Key Cloner has three different functions to work with selected keyframes. Keyframes can be across different properties and layers.
Copies the selected keyframes to the Current Time Indicator (CTI, or playhead).
Clone + Reverse Keyframes*
Copies the selected keyframes to the CTI and mirrors the arrangement and curves, maintaining relative timing.
Reverses the order of selected keyframes maintaining relative timing, but does not move them to the CTI.
Moved the selected keyframes to the Current Time Indicator (CTI, or playhead).
* Hold alt/option to align last key to the CTI.
Key Cloner also works with KBar so you can use Key Cloner without a separate script panel. Create a script button and point it to KeyCloner.jsxbin. Use one of the following in the “Script functions or arguments” field:
- clone reverse
- last (added to any command except ‘reverse’, e.g. ‘move last’)
Use the included SVG icons, change them, or create your own!
Key Cloner supports keyboard shortcuts.
- Duplicate KeyCloner-1.4.jsxbin to the Scripts (not ScriptUI) folder.
- Rename with a number at the beginning and commands at the end after a dash (e.g. 0001KeyCloner-clone.jsxbin). The number is needed to keep the scripts at the top of the list. Supported commands:
- last (added to any command except ‘reverse’, e.g. ‘movelast’)
- In After Effects, go to Edit: Keyboard Shortcuts, then search for KeyCloner to add a custom shortcut to the individual files created in the previous steps.
Thank you so much for purchasing Key Cloner! We appreciate you supporting us and we sincerely hope that it will help save you time in your work! Feel free to contact us to tell us about the awesome stuff you’ve used Key Cloner on. Or contact us if you need help so we can do our best to help you!